Each year, Dogtime.com announces the Petties Pet Blog Awards and I’m writing to ask that my readers nominate Keep the Tail Wagging! But you may be wondering – “why should I nominate you? there are hundreds of other pet blogs out there.”
Well, let me tell you!
1. How many bloggers can rock a Dog Mom T-Shirt the way I can? I wear mine proudly!! Who needs to put on make up or style their hair when they have this cool shirt? Not me!
2. Who shared with you about how to express anal glands? Me, that’s who! I even endured the judgmental looks from Sydney as I expressed hers. I’m not afraid to get down in the trenches.
3. Isn’t it easier to understand the raw food diet when you hear about it from a real dog mom? Not only is it easy, but it’s less expensive than I thought (although Amanda and TheDogMaOnline told me this many times).
You can nominate me for a video award for this one. Check out the rest of the raw food series HERE. And it’s not finished! I can’t wait to share our dogs quirky eating routine and see if you experience the same.
4. I admitted my personal struggle with my mom and was amazed by how many people could relate. That response helped me walk away from that and other toxic relationships and I’ve never been happier or stronger.
5. I overcame my fear of leaving my babies and public speaking to rock it at BlogPaws 2013! I’m still floating after that amazing experience. And you know what! I came back with more great information for YOU!
6. I’m the type of dog mom to have pictures taken with her dogs, stops the camera man to rush one out to pee, and leaves the third in the car, because she hates crowds.
8. I’m in the process of creating a list of treats that don’t source any of their ingredients from China! Believe it or not, it’s not that short and it’s going to keep growing! Here’s a hint, CloudStar is on that list!
9. I celebrate dog rescue. I do know that here are reputable breeders out there; I’ve met a few and they’re awesome and not rich. But I love promoting dog rescue, because five rescues have touched my heart over the past three years: Rodrigo, Sydney, Morgan, Riley and Blue. And don’t get me started on Belle – I love her.
10. And this year, I’ve been in Women’s Day magazine, Dog Fancy two times, I spoke at BlogPaws, I was interviewed on Paw Vogue Radio, and I wrote 2 ebooks. Okay, I’m kind of bragging here, but I’m so excited to list these accomplishments, because…
- Although I’m an extrovert, I hate having all eyes on me, because I’m terrified of what people will see.
- I’m terrified of public speaking.
- I had no idea what blogging was about when I first started and I’m learning more every day still.
- The idea that I would have written one ebook seemed impossible; to knock out 2 in a month just blows me away.
- And I know that I have all my readers, our three dogs, and a supportive boyfriend and awesome friends (plus a great step dad) to thank for all the encouragement and support. I don’t know where I would be without my amazing support system.
You can listen to my interview by CLICKING HERE.
So this is why I am asking to be nominated for a Petties Pet Blog Award. You can nominate me for Best Dog Blog, Best Blog Post (you can check out the popular blog posts in the right sidebar for a hint), best video, or anything else that you believe Keep the Tail Wagging has earned.
And while our at it, will you nominate SlimDoggy.com for the Best Active Living Blog and/or Best Pet Mobile App? I’ve learned a lot from that due that helped us take some weight off of Sydney’s thigh.
It would be such an honor and the best part is that one of our favorite rescue groups will be entered to win a $10,000 grant.
Thanks in advance!