Disclosure: PetFlow gave us a Spoiled Rotten package free of charge with no expectation of a review. My below thoughts are honest. This is a fantastic idea! Read on to find out more…
I recently responded to a reporter’s query about the things we do for our dogs and I gave her a long list of silly things that I do…
- I take my dogs on car rides when I think they’re bored and it’s dark out or the weather is crappy.
- After going to the veterinarian, I take the dogs to Petco. Rodrigo and Blue love this. Sydney doesn’t like the pet store (the floors are too slippery) so I take her for a short walk – girl time.
- Whenever I go to the pet store, I bring home a treat for the dogs; I love seeing how excited they get by the bag coming into the house.
- When it’s cold, I warm up their bedding in the dryer.
- No two meals are the same in our house. We switch up their meals regularly to keep them engaged and happy.
Is any of this necessary? Nope. It’s not. They would just be happy to go on a long walk, play with us in the yard, or cuddle up on the sectional (aka, biggest dog bed ever). But these things make us happy as dog parents.
A little bit ago, I received a cool package as a gift from PetFlow, a pet food delivery company that makes it easier for dog parents to shop online for their dogs. Not only can you order your food from PetFlow.com, you can surprise your dogs with the Spoiled Rotten Box.
December’s Spoiled Rotten Box (okay, a lot a bit ago) included the following cool things…
- Barnyard Buddy Calf Dog Toy – this lasted long enough for Rodrigo to pull the squeakers out (and for us to confiscate them) and then Blue ran around the house with it.
- Luther’s Smoked Bacon & Cheddar – these treats were added to the cookie jar and the dogs enjoyed getting a treat every day. They were popular.
- YumZies All Natural Grain Free Hickory Bacon Flavor Dog Treats mini – these were set aside for a gift. We love giving treats to our dogs, but we’re trying to cut back on their calorie intake, so the treats were given to a friend.
- Tropiclean Fresh Breath Pet Gel – our dogs have great, clean teeth. Our cats don’t. We’ve been using PlaqClz on their teeth and are happy with the results, so we gave this one to a friend. The gels are a lot better than the liquid added to our pets’ water (in our experience).
- Venison Joe’s All Natural Hickory Smoked Gourmet Beef Bone – sadly these were sacrificed, because although the bones are smoked and not cooked, the size is too small for our dogs; they would have destroyed these in no time and I’m still worried about these types of bones and the damage they can do to dog teeth.
So basically, I received a cool box of goodies, most of which I could use and most of which I was able to give to friends. What I love about the Spoiled Rotten box isn’t that we can spoil our dogs; I love PetFlow’s box, because it allows us to treat our friends who are pet lovers too. I think the best gift is one that’s not expected. PetFlow allowed us make a few people (and their dogs) happy.
Do you ever give your friends’ dogs gifts? It was so much fun that I think I’ll do it more often.