This is an award given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers, most of whom have less than 200 followers or have been blogging for less than 6 months. It is to show newer bloggers that they are appreciated, and to help spread the word about new blogs. It was created to promote appreciation and recognition among the blog world. Liebster translates to “dearest” (or favorite/best) in German. It is also known as the Love Blog Award.
I don’t fall exactly in the above guidelines (I’ve been blogging for 3+ years), but I’m excited to know that I made an good impression with these ladies. In the comment they left, they said:
“My niece, Tiffany, and I met you at Bloggy Boot Camp LV. We thoroughly enjoyed your talk and learned so much from you. Thanks for your inspiration and positive attitude. We have nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award, even though you have been blogging more than 6 months. Keep up the good work – you’re awesome!”
- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
- Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
- Choose 11 new blogs you love and link them in your post.
- Please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so we can learn more about you!
I’m going to change up the rules a bit and NOT require that anyone I list pass on the love. Not all bloggers like to get these, but I’m thrilled, because it truly is an honor.
11 random things about me…
- My favorite color is cornflower blue; which is actually French blue, but I think I’m being fancy
- I got a tattoo on my 40th birthday to celebrate being 40 – it’s a flower
- I love Teen Lit and watch too much television
- I hide a little candy around the house to surprise myself; my boyfriend knows
- It took me 12 years to finish my Bachelor’s degree (part time with many breaks)
- I love public speaking, but it terrifies me too so I practice giving speeches when I’m alone (or with the dogs)
- No matter how much I diet and exercise, I feel like I could stand to lose 7-10 pounds
- Sometimes I regret adopting 3 dogs, because it can get overwhelming, but I couldn’t imagine life without them
- I think my boyfriend is being romantic when he fixes something that has been bugging me
- When someone doesn’t like me, I go into a funk for a few hours about it and then move on
- My favorite food is southern food, fried catfish, and fish and chips
11 questions Carole and Tiffany set for me…
- Why do you blog? – Because my dream is to have a full time, successful, profitable business where I write about dogs all day long.
- What is your favorite post (that you’ve written) to date and why? – My favorite post is my rant about people approaching me and our dogs, because I got a lot off my chest and it connected with so many dog owners.
- What book are you reading right now? – I just finished the latest book in the Mortal Instruments series and now I’m halfway through Beautiful Creatures (I read fast). I’m a sucker for Teen Lit and have read the Twilight series more times that I’d like to admit. Beautiful Creatures is a cool book.
- Name 3 places you would love to visit. – New Mexico, South of France, and Hawaii
- What is your favorite childhood memory? – I no longer have a relationship with my mom, so this memory is precious to me. My mom and I got the giggles at Church and eventually had to leave early, because we couldn’t stop
- What is your favorite movie of all time? – The Wiz. I still know all the songs.
- Name 3 places that you’ve been to and want to visit again. – San Diego, San Francisco, and our lake house (not really ours) on Lake Wenatchee
- If you could live anywhere where would it be? – This changes all the time, but Eastern Washington has been constant for a while. I like the desert, the real seasons, and the land – I want 100+ acres.
- What are your top 3 blogs to read? – These three blogs have been paramount in helping me with blogging: ProBlogger (you can learn a lot from this site), SITS Girls, and Daily Blog Tips.
- What is your favorite type of music? – I like the music where they mix rap with song; right now, my favorite song is Radio by Adam Levine and Gym Class Heroes.
- What is your favorite type of pizza? – I go back and forth between Canadian and Pineapple and Mushrooms, Black Olives, Pepperoni and Sausage
11 blogs that I love…
This is going to be hard, because I follow so many great blogs; so in alpha order, here goes…
- 5 Old Dogs – all of our dogs are going to get old and it’s nice to read up on caring for older dogs
- A Mastiff Blog – I love the breed and Amanda is an amazing writer
- Dawg Business – learn loads about dog health
- Good Vibe Blog – another blog about the power of positive thinking; this one delves into Law of Attraction
- KD Mathew’s Bark Blog – currently going through an update; KD is a dog trainer after my own heart; no sugar coating from him, just straight talk that is enjoyable
- Lisa Cash Hanson Mompreneur Mogul – Lisa’s blog is great, because she’s talking to bloggers at all skill levels in one voice, sharing tips on how to achieve the amazing success that she’s attained; she’s paying it forward all over the place
- My Brown Newfies – another blogger that makes me feel like we’re old friends through her writing
- ProBlogger - it’s a site full great information about blogging
- SITS Girls – the founders and hosts of Bloggy Boot Camp; this is another great blogging resource, but better, because it’s uncomplicated
- That Dog Dancing Guy – because I can relate to this blogger; for some reason I feel like we’re old friends
- Uncommon Chick – this blog is all about the power of positive thinking