I walk three dogs and managing three dogs on leash, an iPod, keys, wallet, poo bags, a phone and training treats can be a nightmare. I thought that switching to leash free walking would free up a hand or two, but I was wrong, because I’m still juggling all my crap. I need all this stuff; that’s when I started looking for a dog walking accessory that would help.
I tried looking for a purse that could handle all of my stuff and stand up to wet dogs, crappy weather (at times), the occasional strange dog who jumps on me as a greeting, while allowing me to keep up with m pack and I failed. There are bags made specifically for dog walkers, but every one that I found was either too bulky, sort of like a diaper bag, or they were just purses renamed to make dog lovers think “a this is for me!” and they failed miserably.
After few times of picking up my keys out of a mud puddle (at least it wasn’t my phone, right?) I knew I needed something different and was excited when I learned about the FREEPLAY Multisak Dog Walking Organizer.
The Multisak latches on to our dog’s leash, has multiple pockets, and holds everything. It’s water proof, hands free, and holds everything; and can easily fit more than I lung around with me when we walk the dogs. Oh and the material makes it great for our Pacific Northwest rain. I was skeptical when I heard about it, thrilled when I saw it (so adorable), and in love when I first used it. I’ll never go back to my sudo-dog walking purse now that I have a Multisak.
- water proof
- many pockets
- allows me to walk hands free when I do walk the dogs on the leash
- easy to hold when I’m not walking the dogs on a leash
- comes in great colors
- it’s nice to have something to grab when we’re leaving for a walk
- the pockets are kind of weird and take some getting used to; I can see that some may not like the way it’s organized
- I wish it had a handle for when you wanted to hold it in your hand; it’s not impossible, but a handle would be a nice addition
So what dog walking accessory can you not live without? Or are do keep it light when you walk your dogs?