We have three healthy dogs who do require the unschedule trip to the veterinarian. When this happens I want to report this to the readers of Keep the Tail Wagging with everything I learned to help you better raise happy, healthy dogs. The Dog Health Topics page shouldn’t be used to diagnose your dog. The links are to information to better educate you on common ailments with our dogs.
I realized the importance of building a Dog Health Topics page when I was doing the research for Canine Parvovirus and found that there were contrary reports. I was fortunately enough to connect with Dr. Lander of the ASPCA, Dr Cathy of HoofStockVet, and others to help me put together better information and I hope it helps you too. I’ve found other great information online provided by Dr. Karen Becker and Organic Pet Digest.
This page will be updated as more dog health topics are added.
Are We Over Vaccinating Our Pets?
Can a Dog’s Leg Fall Asleep
CPR for Dogs
First Aid Kit for Dogs
- Trupanion covers 90% of actual veterinary costs for approved accident and illness claims, less the exam fee, taxes, and optional deductible. Full 90% coverage is available at any veterinary clinic, emergency care center or specialty hospital.
- Your pet receives unlimited lifetime healthcare coverage. Trupanion does not have any payout limits – we will pay whatever is needed to help your pet!
- You choose your own deductible with Trupanion and we operate on a per-incident basis rather than a benefit schedule.
- Trupanion covers hereditary and congenital conditions.
- Trupanion pet insurance gives you peace of mind in case of an accident or illness.