Lately I’ve lost the excitement of blogging – not my blog, but the business of blogging. I didn’t realize it until I started seeing other bloggers who were dealing with the same thing. The worst part was reading comments from a couple people I respect telling me, in essence, that my blog wasn’t on their reading list anymore.
Having a couple people not like my blog isn’t a big deal. It happens. But more was happening…
I was becoming a little agitated. I was easily annoyed by…
- emails offering to guest post for my blog when I clearly state that I don’t accept guest posts
- brands and businesses who want me to promote products I don’t use with our dogs; for free
- silly misunderstandings on social media that bum me out
- ignorant comments about raising dogs and raw dog food by people who aren’t pet professionals
- and so on and so on and so on
None of these things bother me normally.
Whenever I find myself getting annoyed by Facebook, my blog, or the Internet in general, I know that it’s time for a break. I binge watch a television show, read a book, watch a movie, take the dogs for a walk- I do something to get my mind off social networking.
It usually works.
Lately, it hasn’t been working, so I had to dig a little deeper about what was pissing me off.
It was ME! Yep, ME!
I’ve put so much pressure on myself to make money, to build a business, to blog full time. Guess what! Pressure sucks!
So I took away the pressure.
In 2014, I’m going back to enjoying blogging and writing about our dogs. I’m also going to start writing about things that are important to me…
- raw dog food
- natural / holistic dog care
- products we buy regularly or are interested in buying
- stores we shop at all the time and pet related sites I stalk online
I’ve already started and it’s so much more fun. Wow! I won’t be resigning from my job anytime soon and that’s okay. But at least I’ll continue having a blast with blogging about our dogs.
This doesn’t mean that I’m taking a break. I love writing, I love learning and I love being part of a great dog lover community. I’m just removing the pressure that I’ve placed on myself by taking my blog into a direction that my life raising dogs has already headed