I was catching up on my blog reading and came across a dog treat recipe from The Sweet Spot Blog that I wanted to share here! The recipe is so easy, that I thought I would give it a try…
Peanut Butter Dog Treat Recipe
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 Tablespoon honey
1/2 cup hot water
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Mix flour and baking powder together in a small bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, wisk the peanut butter, honey, and hot water until smooth. Gradually add the dry mixture and mix well. Note: Add a little more water if the dough is too dry or flour if it is too wet.
4. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and roll to 1/4″ thickness.
5. Cut with a cookie cutter and place on a non-stick cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly brown. Let cool, then store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
I hope you enjoy this dog treat recipe; more importantly, I hope your dogs do! As with any recipe shared on this blog, please check with your veterinarian if you are concerned about any of the ingredients. I’m not a dog nutritionist, just a dog mom who loves to spoil her pups.