SITS Girls Featured Blogger is……ME!
Today is my SITS Day! I discovered SITS Girls (a fab community of female bloggers) about a year or so ago. I remember wondering what “grab my button” meant.
Last year, I realized that I could make money blogging. I attended Bloggy Boot Camp in Seattle – were you there? – and a professional blogger was born (well, aspiring anyway). And today, less than a year later, I’m excited and honored to be the SITS Girls Featured Blogger.
My business license says A Novice With Moxie and I author three blogs and I’d love for you to check them out…
Through the Lens of Kimberly Gauthier | sharing photography tips as I learn them; hunting down camera deals and photography challenges; sharing camera giveaways
Adventures in Blogging | sharing blogging tips as I learn them; finding great resources for novice bloggers
Keep the Tail Wagging | promoting dog rescue by sharing the rescue tales of dog lovers, training/care tips, dog food recipes, and promoting the best dog food on the planet
10 Things About Kimberly Gauthier (go-tee-ay)
- Being a writer and photographer were childhood dreams and this glorious beast, the World Wide Web, has made it possible. Today I own a Sony Alpha camera body, 7 lenses, a home photography studio, and my own page on B&H Photo!
- I’m cohabitating with my boyfriend (the cop) in our dream house on 5 acres with two dogs and two cats. Our mortgage acts as a marriage certificate – I know it’s not the same, but since we don’t have kids, we’re just not in a hurry to make it legal. Some day. Maybe.
- I love photography and wanted my own pet photography business. When it took me a year to figure out how to use my camera, I started to realize that maybe that wasn’t the business for me. Filing income taxes that first time made me certain. Yuck!
- I believe that we create the experience we’re having in this life and I’ve decided that I want happiness and abundance and so far I’m doing a bang up job achieving just that.
- My favorite dish, the one that I’ll always say yes too, is fish and chips. I also love southern food and fried catfish is da’ bomb!
- I’m 40 years old and I haven’t left this continent. We’re finally planning a trip to Hawaii for January 2013. I’m so excited about the photo ops I’m going to get on that trip.
- I love the Real Housewives shows. They’re ridiculous and the drama is totally scripted, but these women fascinate the hell out of me. I can’t remember the last time I screamed shrieked at someone, let alone attacked someone physically.
- I read several books at once and my boyfriend got a Kindle Fire for me this year. I just finished the Hunger Games trilogy, I’m reading The Laughing Corspe by (Hamilton), and Launch (Stelzner) and The New Relationship Marketing (Smith).
- Every time I see a series of ones, I say “hi” to my Angels, because they’re nearby. It sounds silly, I know. When I was a kid, a priest told me that I probably had 2 Guardian Angels and at some point I connected them with the number one.
- I’m so thankful to the people who read my blogs, follow me on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Plus, and Flickr. Every time I get a comment or make a connection, I feel like I was handed $1,000 bill. Being a professional blogger is such an exciting dream and adventure and I can’t do it without an audience and the people who take time out of their day to hang with me are the absolute best.
Thanks for stopping by!