One of the bonuses to being a blogger is receiving the opportunity to review new products; like a retractable leash from LeashLocket. Our family were given two LeashLockets (one pink, one black) for our dogs, Sydney and Rodrigo. The two things that excited me was that the “locket” can be attached to a dog’s collar (or in our case, their harness) and the opportunity to try out a retractable leash.
My thoughts on the retractable leash from LeashLocket
- Don’t be fooled by the thin leash; it held up really well with Rodrigo (our strong puller), even when he was greeted by other dogs
- At no time did our dogs get tangled up or were harmed by the retractable leash (something that concerned me)
- I didn’t leave the locket on the dogs at the park (didn’t want another dog to grab it); they fit nicely in my purse
- I wouldn’t feel comfortable using the leash locket as a training tool on our dogs, because they are so strong and it was difficult for me to manage them when we were training; but now that they are trained, I will definitely use these leashes regularly
- They got a lot of attention at the dog park; people shared the sentiment that they didn’t look strong enough for their dogs, but slowly started to wonder when they saw Rodrigo walking on it with no trouble
- All in all I was impressed, because our dogs are 70 pounds each and I had no trouble walking them with their LeashLocket
It’s cool how we can attach the LeashLocket to the dogs collars (or harnesses in our case)
Rodrigo is great on leash and did well on his LeashLocket, even when another dog stopped to say “hi.”
Sydney is a lady on the leash and she did her LeashLocket proud.
Update: Turns out that I had attached the LeashLocket incorrectly (ha ha – this is soooo me). It actually attaches very securely, allowing dogs to run and play without a distraction.
LeashLocket is the only retractable leash on the market that extends nearly 6 feet designed to be carried right on your dog’s collar via a magnetic connection when you want your hands free while out with your pet. Every LeashLocket sold comes with a collar attachment for your existing dog’s collar or harness. Before using LeashLocket for the first time, you’ll snap the collar attachment around your dog’s collar or harness with the magnetic rivet facing outward. When you want your hands free or want to let your dog run without the leash, you’ll retract the leash into the locket all the way up to your dog’s collar and then connect the magnet on the reverse side of the LeashLocket to the rivet on the collar attachment. Lock the brake button to keep your LeashLocket securely in place on your dog’s collar or harness, within easy reach whenever you’re with your dog. Once your dog is fitted with LeashLocket, you can always attach it easily and quickly to let your dog carry the leash for a change!