My name is Kimberly Gauthier (go-tee-ay) and I’m a dog mom to two sets of littermates and I write about what we learn living with and raising four dogs.
Keep the Tail Wagging is for dog owners who want to be a voyeur into my kind of boring life with dogs and read along as I share what I learn about living in a multi-dog home.
I write and chat (there’s a podcast too) about all things dogs here.
I’m bubbly, happy, I talk a lot, and I’m very opinionated, but open to having my mind blown with new information. I don’t have a lot of patience for people who treat dogs like they’re possessions or a commodity to be traded with no care to how amazing they are! I’ll pass on a new pair of shoes if I can buy a fun toy for our dogs. And I smile when I’m walking alone down the street.
About the blog…
This is a personal blog and everything I share is based on my experience as a dog mom. I’m not a pet professional, veterinarian, or dog trainer; but I do love our dogs and want to do my best raising them…
- I support a raw food diet for dogs! I don’t support bullying people to make a switch.
- I support rescue. This doesn’t make me our my blog anti-breeder.
- I support the ban on selling puppies and kittens in pet stores, because many of the puppies in pet stores come from puppy mills; I don’t support giving them a revenue source when there are so many amazing breeders and rescue groups who are available to dog lovers.
- I support educating people about dogs and breeds, eliminating breed discrimination and breed specific legislation.
- I support raising awareness of the human-canine bond. I do this through my blog, through my podcast, on social networking sites, and by simply calling myself a dog mom.
Rescue Groups I support…
- Animal Rescue Foundation
- Motley Zoo Animal Rescue
- FurKidz 911 Connection
Proud Moments as a blogger…
- Speaker at SITS Girls’ Bloggy Boot Camp, Las Vegas – 2012
- Speaker at BlogPaws – 2013
- Speaker at Wordperss Meetup, Seattle – 2013
- DogTime’s Petties Finalist for Best Dog Blog – 2013
You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.