My name is Kimberly Gauthier (go-tee-ay) and I’m the dog mom behind Keep the Tail Wagging; sharing dog care tips as I learn them raising our dogs in the Pacific Northwest alongside an amazing boyfriend and two tolerant cats. I write and chat (there’s a podcast too) about all things dogs here.
Keep the Tail Wagging is for dog owners who want to be a voyeur into my kind of boring life with dogs and read along as I share what I learn about raising littermates, living in a multi-dog home, training, behavior, health, nutrition (we feed raw dog food), animal welfare and more.
I’ve been called an animal extremist, irresponsible, passive aggressive, and someone even said that I have an inflated head. Maybe I am all of those things to those people. To me and my dogs, I’m just a dog mom who loves her dogs, blogging, and making new friends who understand the attachment we have for our furry kids.
I’m bubbly, happy, I talk a lot, and I’m very opinionated, but open to having my mind blown with new information. I don’t have a lot of patience for people who treat dogs like they’re possessions or a commodity to be traded with no care to how amazing they are! I’ll pass on a new pair of shoes if I can buy a fun toy for our dogs. And I smile when I’m walking alone down the street.
What I support…
- I support a raw food diet for dogs! I don’t support bullying people to make a switch.
- I support rescue. This doesn’t make me our my blog anti-breeder. We have three rescues (we’ve had four total) and I love being able to give a homeless dog a safe, happy home and a family.
- I support the ban on selling puppies and kittens in pet stores, because I know from personal experience that the majority of these pets come from irresponsible breeders; I don’t support giving them a revenue source when there are so many amazing breeders and rescue groups who are available to dog lovers.
- I support educating people about dogs and breeds, eliminating breed discrimination and breed specific legislation.
- I support raising awareness of the human-canine bond. I do this through my blog, through my podcast, on social networking sites, and by simply calling myself a dog mom.
- I support adopting littermates or two puppies at once or two dogs at once – just be prepared for the cost, invest in a lot of patience, find yourself a great dog trainer, and, most of all, grab a camera, because they’ll have you in stitches. And let me just repeat – raising littermates is expensive!
Rescue Groups I support…
- Motley Zoo Animal Rescue
- FurKidz 911 Connection
Proud Moments as a blogger…
- Speaker at SITS Girls’ Bloggy Boot Camp, Las Vegas – 2012
- Speaker at BlogPaws – 2013
- Speaker at Wordperss Meetup, Seattle – 2013
- DogTime’s Petties Finalist for Best Dog Blog – 2013
You can reach me at email@example.com.